Last Modified: 2019/08/12
I. Personal Information
The Service Provider may collect the following personal information (“Personal Information”) from its Customers, which may include name, email address, phone or cell number, address, profession, industry, cargo information, shipping addresses and preferences, cookies, and other browsing data. Some of this information may be stored in our system so as to better identify Customers for future transactions.
Failure to provide the Personal Information required to create a profile or shipment by the Customer may make it impossible for the Service Provider to offer its services.
The Service Provider uses Personal Information as required and permitted by applicable provincial and federal legislation and at all times shall adhere to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), SC 2000, c. 5.
When you create an shipment or profile with the Service Provider, you are asked to supply certain Personal Information. We collect, use, and disclose this information:
- to maintain your shipment or profile;
- to communicate with you about your shipment or profile and for other services that may be of interest to you;
- to securely process payment of all shipping fees;
- to extract information for the purpose of generating statistics and analysis for purposes of conducting and improving our site, to ensure a high standard of service to Customers;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- to confirm the identity of a Customer and to prevent and detect fraud
II. Types of Data Collected
The types of Personal Information we collect for these purposes (the “Data”) can include:
- basic profile information such as your name, address, phone number, email address, preferences, and other similar information.
- demographic information.
- shipping information including shipping addresses, cargo and similar information.
III. Collection and Disclosure
By using the site and entering your Personal Information on the site, the Service Provider has obtained your consent to use and disclose Personal Information at the time the Personal Information is collected. The Service Provider may also obtain consent to use and disclose Personal Information after it has been collected, but prior to the Personal Information being used or disclosed for a new purpose. Consent shall not be obtained through deception.
The Service Provider may collect, use or disclose Personal Information without the Customer’s knowledge and consent in certain circumstances. For example:
- When the collection, use, and disclosure is permitted or required by law;
- When the collection, use, and disclosure is clearly in the interests of the Customer and consent cannot be obtained in a timely manner;
- When seeking the consent of the Customer may defeat the purpose of collecting the information;
- When use of the information is for an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual; and
- When the information is publicly available.
A Customer may withdraw consent at any time subject to legal or contractual restrictions by providing reasonable notice in writing. Refusal or withdrawal of consent by a Customer may prevent the Service Provider from providing a product or service to that Customer.
IV. The Use of the Collected Data
The Data concerning the Customer is collected to allow the site to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes: analytics, interaction with external social networks and platforms, contacting the Customer, advertising, remarketing and behavioral targeting, managing email addresses and sending messages, geolocation, content performance and features testing (A/B testing), registration and authentication, displaying content from external platforms and social applications.
The Data used for each purpose is outlined in the specific sections of this document. Data is collected and where permitted by law will be used for the following services:
These services allow Customer Data to be utilized for advertising communication purposes.
The services contained in this section enable Service Provider to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of Customer behaviour.
Contacting the Customer
By creating a shipment or profile with their Data, the Customer authorizes the Service Provider to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Customers that provided their phone number might be contacted for commercial or promotional purposes related to the site, as well as for fulfilling support requests.
- Data collected: phone number and name.
- Phone Contact
Content Performance and Features Testing (A/B testing)
The services contained in this section allow the Service Provider to track and analyze the Customer response concerning web traffic or behavior regarding changes to the structure, text or any other component of the site.
This site and the Service Provider may collect, use, and share Customer location Data in order to provide location-based services. Most browsers and devices provide tools to opt out from this feature by default. If explicit authorization has been provided, the Customer’s location Data may be tracked by this site.
- Data collected: geographic position.
Registration and Authentication
By registering or authenticating, Customers allow the site to identify them and give them access to dedicated services. The Customer registers by filling out the registration form and providing the Data directly to the site.
- Data collected: address, city, province, country, date of birth, email, first name, gender, last name, phone number, profession, and postal code.
The Service Provider uses "website usage" information to help create a better Customer experience. The Service Provider collects certain information from Customers' browsers using small text files called "cookies." The Service Provider uses session ID cookies to confirm that Customers are logged in. This type of cookie helps the Service Provider recognize a Customer if he or she visits multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we do not need to require a password to access each page. Please note: If you do not accept cookies from the Service Provider, you will not be able to use our site.
We also use a persistent cookie that stores your e-mail address and shipment information to make it easier for you to login when you come back to the Service Provider on future visits. We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them, but they do not contain personally identifiable information. Customers can remove or block the persistent cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable the feature.
VI. Correspondence Management
VII. Contacting Customer
When you register your name to receive our newsletter and promotions, you consent to receive marketing information at your email address. To this end, your email will be added to our emailing marketing group.
Interaction with External Social Networks and Platforms
The site allows interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the Customer’s shipment or account. The interaction and information obtained by this application are always subject to the Customer’s privacy settings for each social network.
Managing Email Addresses and Sending Messages
These services make it possible to manage a database of email contacts to communicate with the Customer via email. The services are used to collect Data concerning the date and time when the mail is viewed by the Customer, as well as when the Customer interacts with incoming mail, such as by clicking on links included in the email.
VIII. Rights and Personal Data
The Service Provider allows you to track your shipment and information on www.ubbe.com
The Service Provider may not be able to provide access to some or all of an individual's Personal Information. If a request for Personal Information is denied, the Service Provider will notify the individual in writing, documenting reasons for refusal and resources available for redress. Reasons for refusing access may include:
- that the Personal Information is unreasonably costly to provide;
- that the release of the Personal Information may threaten the life or security of a third party;
- that the Personal Information is subject to or generated in a formal dispute resolution process;
- that the Personal Information cannot be disclosed for legal, security, or commercial proprietary reasons; or
- that the Personal Information is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
You are also allowed to request a cancellation of your shipment or profile at any point. You are entitled to opt-out from our emailing list. Furthermore, Customers may request not to be contacted by the Service Provider at any instant, provided that your account is in good standing with us. That means that you have made your payments on time.
All information provided will be used in the case of legal proceedings and/or in a Court of Law if situations arise that necessitate the Service Provider pursuing any lawful counselling. Additionally, the Service Provider will release any information if mandated by local, provincial, or national laws and/or law authorities.
IX. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
Personal Information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law.
The Service Provider may use and disclose personal information to third parties as follows:
- A Service Provider affiliate seeking information as an agent of the individual;
- A third party – where individual consents to disclosure including any partner of the the Service Provide;
- A third party – where disclosure is required by law;
- A public authority or agent of a public authority where there is imminent danger to the life or property of an individual which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure; and
- To conduct surveys in order to enhance our products and services to meet customer needs.
Where Personal Information is disclosed to a third party, the Service Provider will ensure that appropriate security measures are utilized to protect the use and disclosure of Personal Information. Only the Service Provider employees are authorized or granted access to Personal Information about Customers when responsibilities reasonably require. The Service Provider will retain Personal Information and Data only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of an identified purpose, or as required by law.
Personal Information will be protected by reasonable security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information. The Service Provider is committed to the protection of Personal Information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, duplication, use and modification regardless of the format in which the Personal Information is held.
The Service Provider will protect Personal Information disclosed to third parties by means of contractual agreements with respect to the confidentiality of the Personal Information and the purposes for which the Personal Information is to be used. The Service Provider will use reasonable security measures in the disposal of Personal Information.
You must notify the Service Provider immediately if:
- anything abnormal occurs while using the site; or
- you suspect you are the victim of a fraud utilizing the Service Provider’s name.
The Service Provider is under no obligation to inform you of any modifications made to its policies via any correspondence (post mail or electronic mail); it is your responsibility to keep up to date. Even so, additions and modifications will be clearly marked on the site’s homepage.
XII. Site Maintenance
The Service Provider may at any time interrupt its online services to perform needed managerial updates and improvements without prior notification.
XIII. Legal Action
Content collected through our system may be used by us if legal action against a Customer is brought due to improper use of the system.
- Allow EU subjects the right to obtain from the Service Provider confirmation as to whether or not Data concerning them is being processed, where and for what purpose.
- Allow EU subjects the right to have the Service Provider erase their Data, cease further dissemination of the Data and where possible have third parties halt processing the Data if the Data is no longer relevant for original purposes of processing where the Customer withdraws consent.
- Provide notifications to EU Customers where a Data breach is likely to “result in the risk for the rights and freedoms of individuals” within 72 hours of the Service Provider first having become aware of the breach